Thursday, April 26, 2012

My life is an Alabama song

Yes, my life has become very similar to a certain Alabama song we all know, "I'm In A Hurry (And Don't Know Why)". The chorus, for those who don't know, goes as follows:
I am in a hurry to get things done, I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really got to do is live and die, but I'm in a hurry and don't know why.

Sing it Alabama! How true, how true. I am really relating to this song today. This past week has been rush, rush, rush. I am going to try to slow it down this weekend and just enjoy life. Nothing like a country song to really make a point ;)

For those of you who are my Facebook friends, you may have seen my status update today. For those who aren't, this is what it said:


Thank you to the random person @ Loftin's who dumped

True story. That is what it said all day today. Sigh..Thanks a lot new Android that I don't know how to work yet.
This is what it was supposed to say:

Thank you to the random person @ Loftins who dumped their entire bucket of crickets (bait) out by the door.

See the difference?!

The story is that someone, who is quite random, dumped their cage of crickets they had for bait out over to the side of the door. I walked through them and got attacked. OK, maybe that is a little dramatic considering they are crickets and not, I don't know, ferocious man eating bugs, but still. They JUMPED on me. They TOUCHED their nasty little legs to mine. EW! I detest crickets. I rank them above roaches, which I loathe, but below slugs which I only mildly dislike due to their sliminess. I would say that caterpillars or rolly polys are at the top of my list, ranked indifferent, due to the fact that they can't fly, run, hop, or jump at/on/around me. I hate a sneaky little roach that can fly or a grasshopper that jumps at me. I would even venture to say that I ALMOST like lady bugs. They are kind of cute and even though they fly, aren't really gross or menacing. Now a creepy mantis or beetle are menacing. Beetles are just bomb-divers. I had one bomb-dive into my hair once. I lost it!I watch them at my French doors sometimes when they fly directly at the door and bounce off. They are loud. They must be cruising when they hit. (Here's a hint, don't go towards the light guys)
So back on track, these crickets jumped all over my feet and legs and I ran away screaming like a two year old little girl. Chuck always says I over react about a bug touching me. Maybe, maybe not but those crickets were creepers.
I got some comments on the first status, as you can imagine, and I think it provided quite a few laughs over the course of the day. I know I laughed when Jessie called me and told me what my status said. Thanks a lot new Droid. I am still unsure how to work all of your modern-time, fandangled contraptions. All of these technologically advanced apps, etc are taking some getting used to. Yeah, I realize I am not 94 years old, but evey once in a while, I feel like it. What's that there texting machine do, anyhow?!

I did go on to explain the status, but not before many people saw it. Oh well, I am sure there have been more questionable statuses on the ole' FB world.

Today was quite a day. I started it out right, by having to dig in the toilet to fish out all of my makeup. It was quite special and a real great way to kick the day off right. I had my entire makeup bag, unzipped, sitting on the edge of the counter....Cue dramatic music...I proceeded to wash my hands with my very spastic self. One spastic arm movement later and crash! The whole bag, unzipped, face down, goes splashing into the blue water of the toilet bowl. I said, quite loudly, "You have got to be kidding me!". There was makeup all down in there. Well, what's a girl to do when all of her favorite makeup and brushes are down the toiletbowl-hole? Go fishing, that's what. It's not like I could just flush it all away anyway. It had to come out somehow and I darn sure wasn't ready to let go of all my good Clinique, Lorac, Nars, Dior, Tarte, Benefit, MakeUP Forever and Lancome makeup. I don't have enough money to go buy it all over again and I couldn't just leave it without a good college try. So, I rolled up my sleeve, closed my eyes, and took the plunge. I retreived it all and laid it all out to dry on the back of the toilet tank. I then washed my hands, quite thoroughly, and went out the door. I then had to tell Miss Anne, who works in the office with me, why there was a whole pallet of wet makeup and brushes laid out on the back of the toilet and sink and why my makeup bag was open and hanging upside down on the paper towel dispenser. I don't think she was super surprised. Should I be worried by that?

Oh, did I forget to mention that part? Yes, I was at work. I always *sometimes* run late for work so I take my makeup inside and slap a little on when I have a few free moments. Bad, I know. So yeah, it was a work toilet, with lots of people around. I know they all heard the crash followed by the exclamation..but no one asked any questions. Again, should I be worried by this?

In other news, I have a Blog Follower! Yay! Thanks so much, Cindy. I couldn't be happier to have a real live follower....Glad you like it :)

I have a follower!
My Cup Runneth Over,
~Shana~

No comments:

Post a Comment